Who do I work with?
- Individuals: including people who identify themselves as highly sensitive, creative, living traditional or non-traditional lifestyles.
- Couples and relationships of all configurations: including intercultural, intracultural, interracial, intraracial, married, partners, open, non-monogamous, polyamorous, family, chosen family, and adoptee.
- Therapists: including Registered Clinical Counsellors and Social Workers, for individual therapy or clinical supervision.
- Groups: including support groups, therapy groups, and community groups, for facilitation, consultation, and workshops, with QTBIPOC, migrant, and LGBTQ communities.
I often provide therapeutic support for change-makers and caregivers involved in community work around issues such as burnout prevention, vicarious trauma, resisting racism, navigating small communities, and building resiliency.
How I Work
I offer both short-term counselling for specific concerns and long-term counselling for deeper healing, complex trauma work, and/or regularly scheduled self-care. My clients and I collaborate to find relief as quickly as possible, and when appropriate, to understand the deeper roots of problems to achieve more lasting change. You and I will check in periodically about your goals and how counselling is going for you.
I work with people seeking support and understanding around:
- Relationship and family issues (e.g., dating, marriage, break ups, separation anxiety, divorce, new relationship energy, parenting, parentification, attachment/detachment, estrangement, strained relationships).
- Immigration/displacement, relocation, homesickness, family separation/re-unification, international students.
- Identity development (based on culture, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, sexuality, disability, etc.), overlapping, fluid and mixed identities, visibility, invisibility, disclosure and outness.
- Interpersonal issues and making boundaries, saying “no,” addressing conflict, resisting isolation).
- Trauma, internalized oppression, post-traumatic growth (e.g., sexual assault, childhood sexual violence, childhood abuse/neglect, intimate partner violence, microaggressions, social stigma, community backlash, medical trauma, emotional, physical, & sexualized violence and abuse).
- Self-esteem, self image, body image, resisting fatphobia.
- Stress & Feeling stuck – in your personal life and at work.
- Depression, anxiety, guilt and shame (e.g., performance anxiety, social anxiety, worry, procrastination).
- Loss & grief (e.g., death, survivor’s guilt, complicated bereavement, suicide, homicide, family estrangement, loss of a pet).
- Sexuality, intimacy, sexual health, safety (e.g., reclaiming desire, risk-awareness, consent, power dynamics, negotiation, racialized intimacy, asexuality, sexual difficulties, compulsivity, avoidance).
- Work/life balance, career development, workplace trauma (e.g., bullying, harassment, racism in the workplace).
How do my clients benefit?
Common benefits of counselling include support for you to:
- Find a deep sense of relief, restored energy, renewed focus, wholeness, self-worth, creativity.
- Develop more satisfying relationships and careers.
- Build skills for managing pain, stress, and strong emotions.
- Channel anger into clarity, decision, motivation, deeper healing, and creative resistance.
- Heal when relationships end, through painful losses and ongoing struggles in your life.