Who do I work with?
- Individuals: including people who identify themselves as highly sensitive, creative, living traditional or non-traditional lifestyles, as well as people who self-identify with diagnoses such as complex PTSD.
- Couples and relationships of all configurations: including intercultural, interracial, married, partners, open, non-monogamous, polyamorous, family, chosen family, and adoptee.
- Groups: including support groups, therapy groups, and community groups, for facilitation, consultation, and workshops, with QTBIPOC, migrant, and LGBTQ communities.
I often provide therapeutic support for change-makers and caregivers involved in community work around issues such as burnout prevention, vicarious trauma, resisting racism, navigating small communities, and building resiliency.
How I Work
I offer both short-term counselling for specific concerns and long-term counselling for deeper healing, complex trauma work, and/or regularly scheduled self-care. My clients and I collaborate to find relief as quickly as possible, and when appropriate, to understand the deeper roots of problems to achieve more lasting change. You and I will check in periodically about how counselling is going for you and whether you feel you are moving towards your goals.
I work with people seeking support and understanding around:
- Trauma, internalized oppression, post-traumatic growth (e.g., sexual assault, childhood sexual violence, childhood abuse/neglect, intimate partner violence, microaggressions, social stigma, community backlash, medical trauma, emotional, physical, & sexualized violence and abuse).
- Self-esteem, self image, body image, resisting fatphobia.
- Depression, anxiety, guilt and shame (e.g., self-harm, performance anxiety, social anxiety, test anxiety, worry, procrastination, panic).
- Loss & grief (e.g., death, survivor’s guilt, complicated bereavement, suicide, homicide, family estrangement, loss of a pet).
- Stress & Feeling stuck – in your personal life and at work.
- Sexuality, intimacy, sexual health, safety (e.g., reclaiming desire, risk-awareness, consent, power dynamics, negotiation, racialized intimacy, asexuality, sexual difficulties, sexual compulsivity, sexual avoidance).
- Work/life balance, career development, workplace trauma (e.g., bullying, harassment, racism in the workplace).
- Relationship and family issues (e.g., boundaries, break ups, separation anxiety, divorce, dating, new relationship energy, infidelity, agreement violations, parenting, parentification, attachment/detachment, estrangement, strained relationships).
- Immigration/displacement, relocation, homesickness, family separation/re-unification, international students.
- Identity development (based on culture, race, socioeconomic status, gender identity, sexuality, (dis)ability, etc.), overlapping, fluid and mixed identities, (in)visibility, disclosure and outness.
- Interpersonal issues and making boundaries.
- Substance use, drug and alcohol addiction, harm reduction.
- Health/medical issues, navigating barriers to access, chronic illness & chronic pain.
- Life transitions & life crises.
How do my clients benefit?
Common benefits of counselling include support for you to:
- Find a deep sense of relief, restored energy, renewed focus, wholeness, self-worth, creativity.
- Develop more satisfying relationships and careers.
- Build skills for managing pain, stress, and strong emotions.
- Channel anger into clarity, decision, motivation, deeper healing, and creative resistance.
- Heal when relationships end, through painful losses and ongoing struggles in your life.